AIR Logging Framework
Project Home • Known Issues • External Project Link • Contact Project
Author: Davide Zanotti (All RIAForge projects by this author)
This library extends Flex’s logging framework, in order to write log messages to files on the disk and provide a custom Flex’s UI component (which can be easy used into every AIR application) to read/filtering these log files. Actually my project has not a name and I simply named the swc “doc_logging_framework”.
These are the features it offers:
- Write log message to file (LogWriter)
- Read log message from file (LogReader)
- Automated backup creation of log files after a specific number of Kilobytes (BackupManager)
- Automated display and filtering (by date, message type, class type) of logged messages thanks to a simple UI component which extends Flex’s Window class (LogWindow).
- Provide access to internal events (you can add event handler to several operations)
To use the library, all you need to do is to add the swc under your Flex’s library path (into the AIR project you are working on). Then you use Flex’s logging framework as you usually do and instead of choose a log target provided by “mx.logging.targets” package, you can use LogFileTarget under “com.daveoncode.logging” package.
There are no issues for this project.
To enter issues for this (or any other) project, you must be logged in.
Adobe and the Adobe product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.